Thursday 1 December 2011

The Beach Boys - Christmas Album

The Beach Boys
The Beach Boys Christmas Album
Capitol CAP1014
99p + P&P



It struck me in early November that I should be trawling eBay for festive vinyl. Sadly I haven't acquired 24 albums and so will not be posting my purchases up in advent calendar form, but first up of the three I have picked up (this could rise to four if a suitably cheap copy of Phil Spector's album comes up, although it has to have the original sleeve which seems to be the main obstacle) is The Beach Boys Christmas Album. Undoubtedly inspired by Spector's - a rivalry that arguably contributed to Brian Wilson's studio-bound obsessions - the CD of this has been receiving annual airings for some years. The added bonus to having it on vinyl is the ease with which we can now avoid the more traditional side two.

No comments:

Post a Comment