Saturday 21 May 2011

The Dogs D’Amour - The (Un)Authorised Bootleg Album

China WOL7
99p (+£3.50 p&p)
Filed between The Damned 'The Light At The End Of The Tunnel' and The Dogs D'Amour 'In The Dynamite Jet Saloon'

I’m fairly certain this is a bootleg copy as the artwork is slightly off-centre (which I had spotted before bidding but thought ‘pah ...’.) These were awash at record fairs around 1990 when ‘Satellite Kid’ broke through, and there was clearly some level of agreement amongst stall holders as they all had it at £12 a pop.

I definitely harbour regrets at selling my (genuine) original copy of this, as it was fully signed by the band including a doodle of me by Tyla. A daft decision. At that signing session someone offered me £100 for the then pre-signed album. I had only taken the sleeve with me so was able to turn down the offer. I can’t recall what I finally sold the album for but it was far less than £100 – probably closer to £20.

No comments:

Post a Comment