Friday 24 June 2011

Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run

Bruce Springsteen
Born To Run
CBS 69170
£1
Filed between Patti Smith 'Easter' and The Stranglers 'The Raven'.


I've never before owned a Bruce Springsteen album (the nearest I've come is the 12" of 'Dancing In The Dark'). There's always been something nagging at me that I should at least give some of his 70s output a chance, 'The River' in particular, but it was 'Born To Run' on the shelf and so here we are. On first play I haven't been too enthralled much beyond the title track and 'Thunder Road' (with its shades of 'Bat Out Of Hell' - surprised Springsteen never sued - which I know from Kevin Rowland's version, never officially released after it was pulled from his infamous album 'My Beauty'). At the same time I haven't been put off either; expect this post to be edited in the future ...

No comments:

Post a Comment