Thursday 16 June 2011

Sandie Shaw - The Golden Hits of Sandie Shaw

Sandie Shaw
The Golden Hits of Sandie Shaw
Marble Arch
£1
Filed between The Rutles (eponymous) and Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazelwood 'Nancy and Lee'.

Last week a friend, working at the Meltdown festival curated by Ray Davies, said that he had been groped by Sandie Shaw. She liked his tattoos apparently. This was on my mind when I spotted this and probably influenced me to buy it. Another old slab of vinyl that's allowed me to (re)discover just how resilient it can be (it has surface marks aplenty but plays without any jumps), it does seem that Sandie only really had one song and style, re-released under different titles. However I must stress that both the song and the style are very, very listenable.

No comments:

Post a Comment